I'm sitting here in my acting class, looking around at the faces that I don't normally see all the time. Nonetheless, some of them are faces that I will mot see again for a long time after I graduate. It's a fleeting feeling, actually. To me, at least. I'm just now realizing how much I will miss every single person I leave behind in Kingwood as I make my way to San Marcos. Don't get me wrong; I'm way too excited for words. And I'm getting the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm just worried that my homesickness will sicken me earlier than I had intended.
I've been working hard recently, even though I'm a second semester senior. I'm making graduation presents. Not for me, but for people I am going to miss the most next year at college. People that I enjoy seeing day after day in the to and fro of Kingwood High School. It's tough, too. At least every present I'm making contains a note. Some of them are good, some of them are not so good, some of them explain things I've never had the time to, and some of them say things I've never had the courage to say. Nobody is allowed to open them until after I've graduated, as I don't want to see people's reactions to my presents. But, anyways.
Next year is going to be so different. It's a change that I'm going to have to accept sooner or later. I'm not going to have the liberty of seeing those I love with everything I have all the time. I'm not going to have the assurance that I can always come home to a healthy house. I'm not going to be able to be there in person for those who need me.
Might as well accept it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment